Community Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
The scrutiny function is carried out by the two Scrutiny Committees (Corporate and Community). They support the work of the Cabinet and the full Council and allow citizens to have a greater say in Council matters by holding public inquiries into matters of local concern. These lead to reports and recommendations which advise the Cabinet and the Council as a whole on its policies, budget and service delivery.
The Scrutiny Committees also monitor the decisions of the Cabinet. They can ‘call-in’ a decision which has been made by the Cabinet but not yet implemented. This enables them to consider whether the decision is appropriate. They may recommend that the Cabinet reconsiders the decision. They may also be consulted by the Cabinet or the Council on forthcoming decisions and the development of policy.
The full terms of reference for the Scrutiny Committees can be found in the Constitution.
All persons attending Council meetings are reminded that the meetings may be recorded and by attending meetings you are giving your consent to being filmed and your image being used. You are kindly requested to make it known to Democratic Services using the contact details below if you intend to film or record a meeting.
- Councillor Jim Hoult (Chairman)
- Councillor Ray Morris (Deputy Chairman)
- Councillor Carl Benfield
- Councillor Alexander Bridgen
- Councillor Dr Terri Eynon
- Councillor John Geary
- Councillor Michael Hay
- Councillor Gill Hoult
- Councillor Jenny Simmons
- Councillor Michael Wyatt
- Councillor Dave Bigby (Substitute)
- Councillor Angela Black (Substitute)
- Councillor John Clarke (Substitute)
- Councillor Tony Saffell (Substitute)
- Councillor Carol Sewell (Substitute)
- Councillor Rachel Canny (Substitute)
- Councillor Marie French (Substitute)
- Councillor Louise Gillard (Substitute)
- Councillor Stuart Gillard (Substitute)
- Councillor John Legrys (Substitute)
- Councillor Sean Sheahan (Substitute)
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01530 454512