Purpose of committee
Planning matters are debated and decided by the Planning Committee.
The Planning Committee is appointed by Council and comprises 11 members. The role of the Planning Committee is to determine planning applications and tree
preservation orders which have been referred to it and which do not fall within the remit of the officers’ delegated powers.
The full terms of reference for the Planning Committee can be found in the Constitution.
All persons attending Council meetings are reminded that the meetings may be recorded and by attending meetings you are giving your consent to being filmed and your image being used. You are kindly requested to make it known to Democratic Services using the contact details below if you intend to film or record a meeting.
- Councillor Nigel Smith (Chairman)
- Councillor Russell Boam (Deputy Chairman)
- Councillor Dave Bigby
- Councillor Alexander Bridgen
- Councillor David Everitt
- Councillor Stuart Gillard
- Councillor Jim Hoult
- Councillor John Legrys
- Councillor Keith Merrie MBE
- Councillor Ray Morris
- Councillor Michael Wyatt
- Councillor Elliott Allman (Substitute)
- Councillor Robert Ashman (Substitute)
- Councillor John Bridges (Substitute)
- Councillor Marie French (Substitute)
- Councillor Russell Johnson (Substitute)
- Councillor Sean Sheahan (Substitute)
Support officer: Democratic Services. 01530 454512
Phone: (01530 454529)