Issue - meetings
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
Meeting: 30/03/2021 - Cabinet (Item 117)
Councillor T Gillard presented the report, which sought approval from Cabinet to accelerate the spend of the Council’s £2,850,000 Additional Restriction Grant fund award. As a consequence of government guidance an acceleration was required in order to ensure the Council received additional funding through the government’s recently announced “Restart” grants for businesses. The report and proposals within were welcomed by Members.
It was moved by Councillor T Gillard, seconded by Councillor N Rushton, and
RESOLVED THAT CABINET:
1) Reviews and approves the Additional Restrictions Grant proposals set out in the report.
2) Delegates authority to the Section 151 Officer in consultation with the Business and Regeneration Portfolio Holder to review and amend the Additional Restrictions Grant proposals set out in the report, to respond and adapt to the changing economic environment and local business recovery needs.
3) Delegates authority to the Section 151 Officer in consultation with the Business and Regeneration Portfolio Holder to varying the funding allocations set out in this report to ensure to smooth administration of the various proposals in this report.
4) Delegates authority to the Section 151Officer in consultation with the Business and Regeneration Portfolio Holder to award a contract for the delivery of the rapid business growth grants and the business start-up support initiative set out in this report
5) Delegates authority to the Strategic Director of Housing and Customer Services to award Enterprising growth grants up to and including the value £100,000.
Reason for decision: Guidance published by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy in March 2021 now require local authorities to shorten their ARG spend profiles by 9 months from 31 March 2022 to 30 June 2021.