Issue - meetings
PSPO – Bins on Streets
Meeting: 27/07/2021 - Cabinet (Item 27)
Report of the Strategic Director of Place
Presented by the Community Services Portfolio Holder
- Appendix A - PSPO Bins on Streets, item 27 PDF 239 KB
- Appendix B - PSPO Bins on Streets, item 27 PDF 550 KB
- Appendix C - PSPO Bins on Streets, item 27 PDF 405 KB
- Appendix D - PSPO Bins on Streets, item 27 PDF 207 KB
Councillor A Woodman presented the report that sought the introduction of a PSPO in relation to bins being left out on streets after collection day and noted the revised times of 12noon the day before collection to 12noon the day after collection.
Councillor Blunt then invited Councillor J Legrys to address the Cabinet.
Councillor Legrys stated that, as ward member for 6 of the streets included in the order, he fully supported the proposal and urged the members of the Cabinet to do the same. He sought clarification on a number of points including how the persistent offenders would be monitored, especially flats with no bin storage and the properties on Memorial Square.
Reponses to the points raised by Councillor Legrys were to be provided outside of the meeting.
It was moved by Councillor A Woodman, seconded by Councillor R Blunt and
- The introduction of a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) in relation to bins on streets at the specified areas within the report with the revised times following public consultation feedback be approved.
- Future decisions on renewal or amendment of the PSPO to the Strategic Director of Place.
Reason for decision: Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990