Issue - meetings
General Fund and Special Expenses Revenue Budget Proposals for 2020/21
Meeting: 04/02/2020 - Cabinet (Item 82)
82 General Fund and Special Expenses Revenue Budget Proposals for 2020/21 PDF 462 KB
Report of the Strategic Director of Housing and Customer Services
Presented by the Corporate Portfolio Holder
- Appendix A - Budget Proposals, item 82 PDF 149 KB
- Appendix B - Fees and Charges, item 82 PDF 136 KB
- Appendix C - General Fund Budget Summary, item 82 PDF 213 KB
- Appendix D - Special Expenes Budget, item 82 PDF 448 KB
- Appendix E - Statutory Budget Consultation Responses, item 82 PDF 277 KB
- Appendix F - General Fund Interim Consultation Report, item 82 PDF 396 KB
- Additional Paper - Consultation Response Update - 4 Feb 20, item 82 PDF 294 KB
- Appendix A - Final General Fund and Special Expenses Consultation Summary, item 82 PDF 396 KB
- Appendix B - Final HRA Budget Consultation Summary, item 82 PDF 397 KB
The Head of Finance presented the report to Members.
She advised Members of the Section 151 assurances and the recommendations to Council to amend the General Fund fees and charges, the General Fund and Special Expenses Revenue budgets for the next financial year, the freeze of the District’s share of council tax and the transfer of budgeted surplus to the self-sufficiency fund. Members were informed that the public consultation on the budget proposals had concluded earlier that day and any comments received since the report had been published were included in the additional papers.
The Head of Finance made Members aware of a report being considered by Council in February in relation to the Independent Remuneration Panel’s recent recommendations to amend Members Allowances. This would have a financial impact on both the HRA and General Fund, and would be factored into the final budget report to Council.
To conclude, the Head of Finance highlighted the changes to the precept increases for the Special Expenses area following the confirmation of the council tax base in January.
It was moved by Councillor R Blunt, seconded by Councillor R D Bayliss and
1. The Assurance Statement by the Section 151 Officer be noted.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL THAT:
2. The amendment to the General Fund fees and charges as detailed at Appendix B be approved.
3. The General Fund Revenue Budget for 2020/21 as summarised at Appendix C be approved.
4. The Special Expenses Revenue Budget for 2019/20 as summarised at Appendix D be approved.
5. The District Council’s share of Council Tax be frozen in 2020/21.
6. The budgeted surplus income over the expenditure in 2020/21 be transferred to the Self-Sufficiency Reserve.
Reason for decision: To enable the Council to set a balanced budget for 2020/21 as required by statute.