Draft Budget and Council Tax 2021/22
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Corporate Portfolio Holder presented the report, which had been considered by the Corporate Scrutiny Committee on 8 December 2021, setting out the draft General Fund, Housing Revenue Account, Special Expenses and Capital Programme.
Due to the short timescales between the January and February Cabinet, the Chairman of the Council agreed to an exemption from the Council’s Scrutiny Procedure rules in relation to the call-in of the decision on the item. It allowed officers to launch the consultation earlier and run a longer consultation as a result.
It was noted that the New Homes Bonus had been extended and that Tax and Rates base increased by more than that of other authorities. NWL were also one of the fastest growing districts in the country for Business Rates, all of which were very positive.
Members commented that the budget balanced and that the authority was currently in a good position, however it was crucial that the Council now made a meaningful start with the progression on the Journey to Self Sufficiency(J2SS).
It was moved by Councillor N Rushton seconded by Councillor R Bayliss and
- The 2022/23 Draft Budget proposals for statutory consultation be agreed.
- The S151 assurance statement given in Section 5 be noted.
- The Council’s risk register be noted.
Reason for decision: Required as part of the 2022/23 budget process.
Reason Key: Expenditure >£100,000 and affects more than 1 ward;
Corporate Priorities : Developing a clean and green district;
Corporate Scrutiny - 8 December 2021
Contact: Dan Bates, Head of Finance Email: email@example.com Tel: 01530 454 707.
Report author: Dan Bates
Publication date: 17/01/2022
Date of decision: 11/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 11/01/2022 - Cabinet
- Draft Budget and Council Tax 2022/23 Cabinet Report PDF 665 KB
- Appendix 1a - General Fund Budget Proposals over 15,000 PDF 503 KB
- Appendix 1b - General Fund Fees and charges Changes PDF 370 KB
- Appendix 1c - General Fund Budget Summary PDF 612 KB
- Appendix 2a - Housing Revenue Account Proposal over 15,000 PDF 483 KB
- Appendix 2b - Housing Revenue Account Service Charges PDF 347 KB
- Appendix 2c - Housing Revenue Account Fees and Charges PDF 346 KB
- Appendix 2d - Housing Revenue Account Budget Summary PDF 30 KB
- Appendix 3a - General Fund Capital Programme PDF 544 KB
- Appendix 3b - Housing Revenue Account Capital Programme PDF 205 KB
- Appendix 4 - Special Expenses Budget Summary PDF 603 KB
- Appendix 5 - Council Risk Register - October 2021 PDF 616 KB